What is Pediatric PT?Physical therapy is a means of developing, restoring and improving mobility in order to improve quality of life.
Pediatric physical therapists (PTs) provide support and services for children with developmental disabilities and their families.
- assist children in reaching their maximum potential so they can function independently, and promote active participation in home, school, and community environments
- use their expertise in movement and apply clinical reasoning through the process of examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and intervention
- promote independence
- increase participation in everyday routines
- facilitate motor development and mobility
- improve strength and endurance
- enhance learning opportunities
- ease challenges with daily caregiving